for beginners and advanced climbers
with breathtaking mountain panorama
Exercise, sport and adventure
at the Mateera family hotel in Montafon
From thrills on the via ferrata to breathtaking bike tours and gentle Nordic walking.
A holiday region full of possibilities, with lots of fun and plenty of space for the whole family.
Do you love extended mountain bike tours, can't get enough of the impressive mountain massifs, are you free from giddiness or would you like to move gently amidst the clear mountain air?
The highest village in the Montafon is the right place for you. The natural idyll of Gargellen at 1,450 metres, at the end of the sunny high valley, is the ideal place for your active and sporty family holiday. The sporting activities on offer in and around the Mateera family hotel will delight you with the varied range of relaxation, fun, recreation, action, thrills and nature.
Biking in the Montafon
From beginner to full professional
Pedal hard, feel the clear mountain air, the summit in front of you, the steep slopes behind. With over 270 km of cycling, mountain biking and e-biking trails, the Montafon can rightly call itself a biking Eldorado.
- Bike rental and professional advice on everything to do with bikes
- 270 km of official mountain bike trails
- Varied range of routes and tour suggestions for beginners and experts from easy to strenuous
- Free guided bike and e-bike tours as part of BergePLUS incl. free e-bike rental
- Further information on the subject of mountain biking in the Montafon
Outdoor and indoor climbing
in Gargellen and surroundings
For even more variety.....
Discover the variety of experiences in the Montafon. Active. Unforgettable.
- Nordic Walking
- And much more